Military members serve valiantly to protect our country and they can also serve an essential role in your company. However, many businesses do not effectively recruit and retain military personnel.
In our upcoming webinar, we’ll help your company build a winning program for connecting with this unique and valuable segment of the workforce.
Developing an effective program for hiring military personnel
- Major myths and misperceptions regarding military members and their skills
- The facts you need to overcome resistance in your organization and pursue veteran applicants
- The best resources for finding military talent across different skill sets
- Practical ideas for integrating veteran outreach into your recruiting and marketing efforts
- An explanation of the tax benefits, laws and regulations involved in hiring veterans
- Insight into Military Occupational Codes (MOCs) so you can understand a resume written in "military-ese"
This program has been approved for one general recertification hour towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Thursday, June 14, 2:00 pm EST
Lisa Rosser, Founder of The Value of a Veteran
About the presenter:
Lisa Rosser is the founder of The Value Of a Veteran. She is a consultant, author and speaker on the topic of regarding, recruiting and retaining military veterans. She helps her clients make the business case for hiring military, learn effective recruiting tactics, and implement retention programs that resonate with veterans and makes them feel "at home" in their new environment.
Lisa’s 22 year military career focused on the human side of the military – performance management, recruiting, placement, training and skills development. She also has over 14 years of Human Resources staffing and consulting experience.
*The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.