MELVILLE, NY (April 19, 2010) - With Administrative Professionals Week kicking off today, it’s important to take this opportunity to thank the over 13 million administrative professionals across the United States that help keep American offices running successfully and efficiently. As the backbone of many American workplaces, administrative professionals are often the unsung heroes whose hard work and dedication are critical to their team’s success.
To help the American workforce say thank you, Adecco has come up with some creative ways co-workers can show appreciation to their colleagues who are administrative professionals:
- Say thank you in a fun way: In honor of Administrative Professionals Week, Adecco has launched two creative ways to say thanks. Starting today you can visit the Adecco Staffing Services Facebook page and send either a customized video, which enters the recipient into the Administrative Professionals Hall of Fame, or select from one our virtual appreciation awards.
- Provide opportunities for professional growth: By offering opportunities to further a member of your team’s career, you’re building both their professional growth, and strengthening the skills that can benefit your organization. A great option for this is an online class, or a webinar like the one that Adecco and the International Association of Administrative Professionals (IAAP) is sponsoring on Wednesday, April 21 at 3:00 pm, EDT entitled “Improve communication and productivity: Microsoft Office Suite and beyond!” To join the webinar, or pass it along to someone you work with, please visit our webcasts.
- Don’t just celebrate this week: Administrative professionals work very hard on behalf of their teams and often go unrecognized. While it’s great that this week is set aside in their honor, be sure to find ongoing ways to celebrate these professionals, their successes and thank them for all that they do. Also, provide rewards which can range from a free lunch, gift card or an extra vacation day, to really reward those who go above and beyond the call of duty.
“At Adecco, we place thousands of talented administrative professionals each year and we know how hard they work at their jobs and how much they contribute to the workforce at large,” said Rich Thompson, Vice President of Learning and Performance at Adecco Group North America. “That’s exactly why we’ve developed a wide range of opportunities for American workers to show their appreciation say thank you to the people who keep our offices running.”
To learn more about Adecco, or to view job opportunities, please visit www.adeccousa.com.
About the Adecco Group:
The Adecco Group, based in Zurich, Switzerland, is the world’s leading provider of HR solutions. With over 29,000 FTE employees and more than 5,800 offices, in over 60 countries and territories around the world, Adecco Group offers a wide variety of services, connecting more than 500,000 colleagues with over 100,000 clients every day. The services offered fall into the broad categories of temporary staffing, permanent placement, outsourcing, consulting and outplacement. The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company.
Adecco S.A. is registered in Switzerland (ISIN: CH0012138605) with listings on the SIX Swiss Exchange (ADEN) and on Euronext in France (ADE).
ADECCO GROUP NORTH AMERICA:
Every day we provide our clients with the talent they need, and help solve the business challenges they face today – and will encounter tomorrow. Our clients rely on us for a wide range of workforce solutions including:
- Contingent staffing and direct hire recruitment for large enterprise organizations across all skill sets
- Workforce solutions and consulting including Managed Services Programs (MSP) & Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO)
- Career transition and leadership consulting
- Specialty staffing, project solutions and consulting services
Additional information is available through our websites at www.adeccogroupna.com and www.adeccousa.com.
Adecco Group North America
Adecco Group North America