At Adecco, we pride ourselves on making the right “matches” — matching your job preferences and skill level with our client’s needs. Once you have notified us of your availability, we will contact you to discuss your interest in positions that match your skills, experience and qualifications. It is important for you to keep your contact information current with our office so that we can reach you or leave a message when the right opportunity arises.
When you accept a position, you are making a commitment to work for the duration of the position. Please let us know if you have prior obligations that may prevent you from completing a position.
Prior to your position:
To prepare you for your first day, please make sure you know:
- The location, hours and length of position
- The specific tasks you will be completing
- The name of the person to whom you will report
If you are going to be late for your position or have any emergency or illness that will prevent you from going to work, you must call the Honda Alliance Office as soon as possible.
Our offices have 24-hour answering services, so you can leave a message at any time — day or night.
While on position:
- Follow and comply with the rules, policies, procedures, and working conditions established by Adecco and Honda of America Mfg., Inc. communicated during orientation and outlined in your Contingent Workforce Associate handbook.
- Promptly bring any and all concerns regarding pay, your position, or working conditions to your Adecco Client Program Supervisor.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions on the job about the tasks you are performing. If you are unsure of something, check with your supervisor.
- Do not approach the client about full-time employment. If you have an interest in a position, apply on-line. (Websites are listed in your Contingent Workforce Associate handbook.)