At Adecco, we pride ourselves on making the right "matches" - matching your job preferences and skill level with our clients' needs. You are required to notify the Adecco office of your availability for work by contacting your local office at least once per week. Once you have notified Adecco of your availability, we will contact you if we have an assignment that matches your skills, experience and qualifications. We must have a working telephone number where we can reach you or leave a message.
When you accept an assignment, you will be making a commitment that you will work for the duration of the assignment.
Prior to your assignment:
To prepare you for starting a new assignment, please make sure you have:
- The company's name
- The location, hours and length of assignment
- The specific tasks you will be doing
- The hourly rate
- The name of the person to whom you report
- Any other details that will help you on your assignment
- If you are going to be late for your assignment or have any emergency or illness that prevents you from going to work, you must call Adecco prior to the start of the assignment. Adecco will call the client and explain the situation.
All of our offices have 24-hour answering services, so you can leave a message at any time, day or night.
While on assignment:
- Follow and comply with the rules, policies, procedures, and working conditions established by Adecco clients for their premises.
- Promptly bring any and all complaints or disputes about your pay, or your assignment or working conditions to your Adecco representative and/or the Adecco Employee Relations Department.
- Behave in a professional manner. This means that your personal conduct, including conversations in the workplace, must not violate Adecco policies including, but not limited to, Adecco Anti-harassment Policy contained in the employee handbook. You will refrain from threatening action, conduct or language.
- Your employment with Adecco requires you to comply with our policies and procedures. You may be disciplined up to and including termination if you don't comply with our policies and procedures.
- Your employment with Adecco is at-will and may be terminated at any time except for unlawful reasons.
- Follow the time submittal procedures described in the handbook to ensure we have the information required to pay you.
- Arrive on time each day of your assignment.
- Dress appropriately for each assignment. Your Adecco representative will tell you what to expect, but when in doubt always dress more conservatively.
- Do not be afraid to ask questions on the job about the tasks you are performing. If you are unsure of something, check with the client representative.
- Do not make personal calls from the job assignment/client site. If you must make a personal call, do so during a break. Making long distance calls while on assignment is not permitted and could result in disciplinary action including termination.
- Do not approach the client about full-time employment. If you have an interest in a position, let your Adecco representative know.