Collections Representative- Winterville, NC -Temp to Hire
The job of a collections representative is to Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, to solicit payment. Duties include receiving payment and posting amount to customer's account; preparing statements and keeping records of collection and status of accounts.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules, based on customers' financial situations.
• Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail, telephone, or personal visits to solicit payment.
• Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
• Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts, damage claims, or non-payable checks, or to return merchandise.
• Confer with customers by telephone or in person to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of sales, service, or credit contracts.
Qualified candidates MUST meet the following criteria:
• Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
• Have previous favorable work experience in the banking or finance industry OR have previous favorable work experience in a sales field other than retail
• Be able to work over 40 hours week on a “flex” schedule
• Ability to pass the following testing:
o Basic Math
o Computer literacy
o Data Entry
o Basic Office Skills
• Excel in organizational and time management skills
• Possess strong written and verbal skills
• The ability to pass a drug and background screen
• Have exceptional phone etiquette
• The ability to negotiate and follow up
• The ability to pay attention to detail and multi task
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree in banking, business or finance OR equivalent work experience
Must be able to work the required schedule-
All employees work two early shifts and two late shifts per week – either 8am-5pm or noon-9pm Monday through Thursday, and everyone work daytime on Fridays.
All employees work one Friday shift 11am-8pm per month.
All employees work at least two Saturdays per month – 8am-noon.
All employees usually work one Sunday per month from 3-9pm.
On the last day of the month our employees work 13 hours from 8am to 9pm
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits available to you as a contractor after one week of employment include:
• Pay Options/Direct Deposit - Make it as easy as possible for you to get paid
• Highly trained and professional staff - Our team cares about you and your career!