Our Adecco Lancaster office is currently accepting applications for a Temp-To-Hire Central Station Dispatcher.
• Do you live close to Lancaster City?
• Do you like telephone and data entry work?
• Do you like working in a climate-controlled office environment?
• Candidates will be responsible for responding to calls for emergency and non-emergency assistance and in dispatching law enforcement, fire department or rescue units.
• Candidates will transmit and receive coded and conventional messages, differentiate between routine, priority, and emergency messages, and initiate or follow through on responses as required.
• Candidates may enter unit response and data into database.
• These positions require a high school diploma with 0-2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Must be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field, as candidates will rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Candidates will perform a variety of tasks, requiring a certain degree of creativity and latitude.
• Candidates will work under general supervision and will report to their Shift Supervisor.
• Must be able to train on 1st shift for 4-6 weeks (9 AM - 5 PM) and then move to either 2nd (3 PM - 11 PM) or 3rd (11 PM - 7 AM) shift.
• After training is complete, candidates must be available to work weekends and holidays.
RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Work requires exceptional attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• Must possess a willingness to learn in an ever-changing industry.
• Must utilize thorough knowledge of company and industry standards, policies and procedures.
• Must follow direction.
• Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as outside customers.
• Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision while still providing a team-oriented attitude.
• Must have an excellent working knowledge of computer software applications, specifically Microsoft Office Suite, Internet and general office equipment.
• All full-time dispatchers are required to be on-call for one week on a rotating basis. Based on the number of employees, the on-call shift usually rotates to each dispatcher every 5-6 weeks. On-call shift begins at 0700 Monday morning until the following Monday morning at 0659.
• Work requires exceptional attention to detail, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Click on http://www.adeccousa.com to be considered for these positions. Please contact our office at 717-299-3216 and ask for Barb if you have any questions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled