all Adecco sites
Adecco Accounting & Finance
-- Category --
Accounting & Finance
-- Distance from Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
DH Sarbanes Oxley Analyst
Adecco jobs for you
East Chicago, IN
Accounting & Finance
$52000 - $67000 Annually
General job description:
To perform local audits and to assist the local head of internal assurance, supervisor and or senior auditor(s) in designing and conducting audits of different businesses process as per the approved audit plan. This will include both financial, operational audits and IT integrated audits. The audits are performed as per the audit methodology and in conformance with the professional internal audit standards published by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
Area of operation
Local unit, including all subsidiaries in the country and if applicable joint ventures.
Main responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. To perform financial, operational and IT integrated audits under the direction of the head of internal audit and/or supervisor as per the audit plan. This will particularly include:
• participation in the planning of the audit;
• understanding and documenting business process and internal controls;
• testing of the effectiveness of internal controls;
• identification of key controls;
• evaluation of internal controls
in order to conclude on the existence and adequacy of internal controls;
2. To identify and recommend improvements in internal controls and value addition opportunities;
3. To participate in the discussion of the results of the testing and the recommendations raised with the process owners/managers
4. To participate in the writing of the draft audit report;
5. To participate in the in the periodic follow-ups of recommendations;
6. To understand und apply the audit methodology of the Internal Assurance Department;
7. To develop a detailed understanding of the Steel Industry and the Business Process applied in the unit(s);
8. To establish relationships with local management and key employees.
Initially these responsibilities would be performed under the guidance of the local head of internal audit, supervisor or senior auditor, with the clear aim of subsequently increasing the individual responsibility.
University degree in Accountancy / Computer Science / Business Administration / Engineering / /Law;
Professional Qualifications (CISA, CPA, CIA) are an asset;
• 1- 3 years of IT Audit experience with one of the big four or the internal assurance department of a large manufacturing company is a plus.
• 1 – 3 years audit experience in internal /statutory audits with one of the big four or the internal assurance department of a large manufacturing company.
• Good understanding of ITGC and Application control procedures is a plus.
• Understanding of (risk based) auditing concepts, including working knowledge of finance and accounting principles;
• Effective communication skills, written and oral;
• At least good working knowledge of English (oral and written) and willingness to improve this if necessary;
• Ability to work both in teams and individually;
• High flexibility, including willingness to travel up to 50% of working time; • Willingness to learn;
• Basic organizational and time-management skills;
• Good understanding in the use of standard computer applications (Microsoft Office).
© 2013 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state