Adecco is assisting a client in a Direct Hire opportunity for a Sr. Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL.
The Sr. Financial Analyst will provide strong analytical skills and accounting expertise for reporting requirements, including US Gaap and IFRS. Develop expertise in complex accounting transactions and analysis with the demonstrated ability to recommend appropriate accounting treatment.
• Perform accounting variance analysis for consolidated results and by segments.
• Perform other general accounting duties as required.
• Prepare journal entries, account analysis, account reconciliations and investigate account activity.
• Prepare schedules for reporting to parent company and for footnotes for financial statements.
• Prepare financial statements for benefit plans.
• Develop and prepare reports from the general ledger and other financial systems.
• Special Ad hoc accounting projects as they arise
Knowledge of both IRFS and US GAAP reporting requirements. Ability to do detailed analysis to determine appropriate accounting treatment for complex agreements and transactions.
Strong communication skills with the ability to work with cross functional groups. This individual will work closely with Global Accounting Team, Legal, Treasury, Internal reporting and Plant accounting.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance
Self-motivation, problem solving, and organizational skills
Experience using general ledger systems such as Oracle and SAP
Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
Demonstrated understanding of job-related Accounting Principles
Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
Previous experience within a structured accounting environment
Knowledge with SAP, Axiom, or Oracle
Experience with a public accounting firm a plus
If you are the best candidate for this position Apply Today!