Adecco, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of office and finance professionals is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant in Jersey City, NJ. This is a 3 month+ contract opportunity working with one of our premier clients. As a Senior Accountant you perform trade and position reconciliation for listed equities, bonds, and options. Apply Now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
Our client has established a hedge fund middle office service to meet the daily trade and accounting needs of hedge fund managers. Services include the provision of a daily reconciled P&L, trade confirmation and settlement support, trade break resolution and cash administration. In addition to the day-to-day provision of services to hedge fund managers, the group is also responsible for developing, implementing, and testing the necessary accounting, reconciliation and trade platforms to support the evolving needs of hedge fund managers’ middle office.
• Assist clients in daily middle office operations tasks in an effective, timely and accurate manner conforming to SAS 70 requirements
• Ensure trades load into our middle office platform from client's front-office system
• Daily price all securities using Bloomberg, Reuters, Markit, and counterparty marks
• Perform trade and position reconciliation for listed equities, bonds, and options
• Reconcile FX Forwards, Futures, and OTC trades
• Remediate breaks and settlement issues
• Manage securities origination and verify manually created OTC security masters
• Process corporate actions such as: dividends, stock splits, mergers & acquisitions
• Book margin call wires and transfers of securities (free delivers and free receives)
• Process resets for credit default swaps, equity swaps, interest rate swaps, bank debt, and repos
• Work with fund accounting team to resolve cash breaks
• Generate and review daily PNL reports
• To work in a fast pace growing environment with unlimited opportunities
• Opportunity to work with complex OTC transactions and dealing with multiple hedge fund clients
• Ability to implement new processes and technology to support new business initiatives, improve control and streamline manual processes to increase operating efficiency
• Develop and demonstrate ability to work under pressure
• Knowledge of trade routing, portfolio management, and reconciliation processes. Previous experience with Advent Geneva or a portfolio management system a plus
• Knowledge of securities including: Equities and Convertible Bonds, FX Forwards, CFDs, Futures, Fixed Income and standard derivatives (interest rate swaps and credit default swaps)
• Strong understanding of service providers to a hedge fund
• Ability to multi- tasks; must be detailed oriented
• Strong interpersonal as well as oral and written communication skills are required
• Client service focus, including the ability to effectively respond to client needs
• Excellent follow-up, analytical and problem solving skills
• Strategic: Translate business strategy into operational objectives
• Results: Meet internal and external requirements demonstrating ability to operate on initiative in a controlled environment
• Communication: Disseminate relevant information to all key stakeholders
• Leadership: Apply best practice to carrying out duties and develop and monitor goals for improving personal performance
If you have Geneva experience and bank debt knowledge and/or middle office experience that is ideal for this position. Please send your resume or call me today!
Adecco offers a competitive benefit package.
Candidates interested in this position should apply IMMEDIATELY. DO NOT DELAY. If you have any questions, you may email Laura Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct 631-844-7362.
This position is being recruited for by Adecco’s National Recruitment Center of Excellence, not the local Adecco office.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Group offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Service/Anniversary Bonus opportunities. Adecco Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.