Adecco has a wonderful contract-hire International Trademark Paralegal Opportunity available. If you would like to be a part of a growing dynamic team and learn from industry leaders this is the opportunity for you!
• The paralegal is responsible for monitoring the use of client intellectual property on the internet by providing management with summary reports and recommendations in connection with identified trademark misuse, copyright and trademark infringement, misrepresentations, phishing and false claims.
• The paralegal is also responsible for enforcement efforts by communicating with website owners and registrars to bring websites into compliance and removal of client copyrighted materials, respectively. In addition, the paralegal responds to publisher and author requests for pre-review and approval of a variety of publications and multi-media materials; provides quarterly reports to management and responsible for participation in a variety of intellectual property agreement processes.
• Conducting evaluations of third party English and non-English language websites including researching ownership, business relationships and client and others, domain-related litigations and redirects and weblinks, update the database and provide management with summary reports and recommendations.
• Responding to external requests from domestic and foreign-based publishers and authors for pre-review and approval of book jackets, CD-ROMs, and other printed materials, websites, iPod, iPhone and other software screen shots as well as requests for use of client trademarks in connection with the GOOGLE search engine (AdWord).
• Communicating directly with Japanese counsel and coordinating the efforts with Channel Expansion to investigate any existing relationships with client in connection with trademark enforcement efforts to bring non-English (Japanese) websites into compliance.
• Responsible for monitoring shareware sites for copyright infringement and filing complaints to remove client copyrighted materials.
• Responsible for communicating directly with website owners (drafting letters and tracking responses) to assist in bringing websites into compliance with the client Trademark Informational Use Guidelines.
• Provide IP Manager with quarterly reports generated from database.
• Provide support as needed for other intellectual property (non-website) related work products and issues, including but not limited to participation in a variety of other intellectual property agreement processes.
• Support divisional goal to advise and educate client staff and its associates on matters related to the protection and infringement of client trademarks, copyrights and domain names in connection with websites, as assigned.
• Identify work process improvements and/or cost saving measures and implement as approved by IP Manager.
• Protect client intellectual property by supporting IP litigation.
Paralegal certificate preferred.
Relevant Years of Experience Required:
3-5 years experience in an international corporate setting with specific experience in trademark domains and/or copyright infringement.
• Ability to manage many website evaluations simultaneously.
• Detail oriented, excellent written and oral communication skills, adaptability, analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work well with minimal supervision and a willingness to propose solutions and process improvements.
• Ability to read Chinese a plus.