Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for an experienced Legal Assistant- Labor & Employment in Palo Alto. This position is a direct hire job opportunity. The legal assistant will provide assistance to lawyers from the filing of a complaint to the resolution. If you meet the qualifications listed below please Apply Now!
Responsibilities for the legal assistant include but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all aspects of large scale complex litigations and arbitrations.
- Maintaining, updating and organizing client files, pleadings, trial transcripts, fact and research files, court papers and correspondence files utilizing electronic databases, document management system and hard copy as needed.
- Assisting with the management, review and production of electronic and hard copy documents. Working knowledge of ESI workflow and best practices. Coordinates with litigation support as appropriate.
- Assisting with drafting initial documents, including but not limited to responses to discovery requests, pleadings, motions, declarations, and other supporting documents. Coordinating resources with word processing and secretarial services as needed.
- Preparing witness files and assembling documents for use at deposition. Creating deposition abstracts and digests, maintaining deposition databases, coordinating court reporting and videographer resources. Preparing and maintaining witness files, exhibit repositories and errata sheets.
- When needed, preparing for and attending court trials and/or arbitrations and handling all duties associated with a trial such as: preparing witness binders, preparing and tracking exhibits, contacting clients and witnesses, scheduling court reporters, etc.
- Cite-checking, blue-booking and proofreading briefs.
- Preparing privilege, production, and other logs as needed.
- Coordinate Filing documents electronically with the courts.
- Performs other miscellaneous projects and tasks as requested by attorneys Office Manager, or Legal Assistant Manager.
Candidates must meet the following Legal Assistant requirements for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree (B.A./B.S.) from an accredited college or university.
- Graduation and certificate from ABA approved legal assistant training program or the equivalent with a specialty in Litigation.
- Must be proficient in Relativity, Westlaw, Lexis, and other research and litigation database management tools.
- Three to four years large law firm experience preferred.
In addition to the above, the following may also be required of the successful candidate:
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail , the use of good judgment and good interpersonal communication skills. Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team. A self-starter who desires to show ownership and commitment to the job. Exercises confidentiality and discretion. Proofreads accurately.