all Adecco sites
Adecco Creative & Marketing
-- Category --
-- Distance From Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Adecco jobs for you
Assistant Apparel Designer - Kids
Adecco Creative & Marketing is assisting a high-profile retailer of brand name clothing in their search for an Assistant Apparel Designer in the Kids category!
This is a long-term temporary/contract role.
The Apparel Designer works with the Senior Designer to develop private label apparel design and artwork for specific product classifications. Executes according to the strategic merchandise plan. Develops strong customer service and working relationships with internal and external contacts. Consistently shops all levels of stores including our own for fashion/trends/color direction and value.
- In conjunction with the Senior Designer designs activities surrounding selected Private Label programs. Continually researches Color & Trend information. Has knowledge of competitive products/brands.
- Travels domestically and overseas to retail shop, attend print and fabric shows. Interprets design concepts and develops them into new products.
- Develops concept boards, sketch library, designs artwork and selects color using trend and color services. Selects and purchases original artwork.
- Designs, develops and executes technically accurate artwork for private label programs, working with the Product Development team from the concept meeting through the prototype process and artwork execution.
- Updates the status of multiple projects, anticipating problems and devising solutions.
- Selects, manages and evaluates in-house freelance services for artwork development. Ensures strict deadlines are met. Provides direction and delegates projects to freelancers based on ability.
- Resolves issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Ability to prioritize work load
- Acts with Integrity.
- Researches and recommends color and trend services
- Develops and designs original artwork for Private Label Apparel & Hangtag Labels
- Purchases artwork and development samples within R & D budget
- Recommends appropriate creative direction
*Must be able to travel to Framingham, Home Office daily*
- Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years in experience in product development/apparel design
- PC skills including Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator and PhotoShop, IGrafix, U4ia, Prima Vision
- Detail oriented
- Effective communication skills
- Developed fashion sense for clothing design and construction
- Ability to communicate and interpret conceptual design ideas
- Strong organizational and follow through skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates expertise in their functional area
- Ability to sketch
- Knowledge of trend/color/concept services
© 2014 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state