A local leading organization is currently seeking an experienced Marketing Specialist in Los Angeles for a direct hire opportunity. The Marketing Specialist will perform and apply his or her marketing experience and creativity to the travel industry. Knowledge of marketing strategy, leading-edge digital media and especially social media as applied to the travel business, experience working in an ad agency is a MUST. If you meet the qualifications listed below – Apply Now!
Responsibilities for the Marketing Specialist include but are not limited to the following:
Assist the National Marketing Manager in developing and implementing leading-edge consumer marketing strategies, with particular acumen in digital media and social media efforts. Must have a strong understanding of and hands-on experience with FaceBook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram, and key social media metrics.
· Prepare input documents for media campaign and creative materials development. Gather supporting materials; ensure that production/development deadlines are being met. Use analytical skills to evaluate campaign performance reports, and apply findings to optimizing for maximum effectiveness. Liaise to advertising agency and/or trade media companies as needed to accomplish these tasks.
· Track competitor activities, marketing and advertising trends, and intelligence-gathering to ensure continual awareness of market conditions and impact on program development.
Assist in the development and preparation of presentations and meetings as required by Manager and US Director. Coordinate required follow-up tasks, materials to be distributed, and report dissemination
Candidates must meet the following requirements for consideration:
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marketing and tourism or related field. Social marketing credential another significant plus.
· Minimum 3-5 years of social marketing agency and 1 year of ad agency (account management) experience; travel-related or relevant marketing/sales experience is a significant plus.
· Strong marketing strategy and presentation skills required. Must be able to apply advertising and social media strategy to marketing plans and campaigns, and to prepare persuasive PowerPoint presentations.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Familiarity with Apple OS, html and web design is highly desirable.