Adecco Engineering and Technical is currently recruiting for a one-year contract Manufacturing Engineer job located in Mountain View, CA. You must have at least five years of Product Development, Product Engineering, Product Manufacturing or Product Quality Engineering to be considered for this position. You will be responsible for starting up and overseeing the production, testing and certification of products through the new production introduction process, including supporting setup at remote manufacturing locations. The successful candidate, a hands-on engineer, will be responsible for all technical aspects related to manufacturing including process, testing, tooling/fixtures, yield improvement, statistical process control, and quality. The salary for this position is $45.00 and $50.00 per hour.
Manufacturing Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Provide support from production release through end of life
• Contract manufacturing support and sustaining engineering. Onsite support for production builds and testing at CM locations; improve factory efficiency, support product bring-up, provide training and gather feedback on yield issues; design manufacturing capability to support operational goals, with particular emphasis to mixed-model assembly and test
• Coordinate with engineering teams to establish test coverage requirements for manufacturing test process; work with the product engineering teams to establish parameters for monitoring health of the field deployed products, drive programs in support of early field failure analysis and required correction action.
• Directly involved in resolving manufacturing issues with mechanical, electrical and optical systems
• Production, de-kitting and remanufacturing product issues, monitor the health of field deployed products; drive the investigation of problem areas related to failures, root cause analysis and drive corrective action; coordinate release of BOMs into PLM system, technical review of product changes through supply chain and in field, support second source and EOL replacement part qualification, and release of ECOs, MCOs, FCOs.
• B.S. Mechanical Engineering
• At least five years of Product Development, Product Engineering, Product Manufacturing or Product Quality Engineering.
• Successfully executed a parts/material tracking plan for a complex electronic assembly
• Extensive experience with sheet metal
• Understanding of BOM Structures, Lifecycle Management and PLM systems such as Windchill or Agile
• Good working knowledge of ProE and ability to create, modify drawings as needed (Experience with Solid Works a plus)
• Familiarity with ESD controls and methodology
• Basic understanding in Statistical Process Control fundamentals, ability to drive root cause and conduct Design of Experiments
• Strong communication skills
• Willing to travel with little or no notice
If you are interested in this Manufacturing Engineer job in Mountain View, CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Mae Murphy at 408-481-9049 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled