Adecco Engineering and Technical has a current opening for a Manufacturing Engineer with the World's #1 Search Engine Company headquartered in Mountain View, CA. This is a 12+ month contract .
The Manufacturing Support Engineer will be responsible for starting up and overseeing the production, testing and certification of products through the new production introduction process, including supporting setup at remote manufacturing locations. The successful candidate, a hands-on engineer, will be responsible for all technical aspects related manufacturing including process, testing, tooling/fixtures, yield improvement, statistical process control, and quality.
Once released to production, the Manufacturing Engineer provides support from production release through end of life. The two basic responsibilities for this role include Contract Manufacturing Support and Sustaining Engineering. The Manufacturing Support Engineer will work with a cross functional set of folks that are part of the NPI Team to ensure that schedules are met throughout the Product Lifecycle.
On-site support for production builds and testing at contract manufacturing locations. Dedicated to improving factory efficiency, supporting product bring-up, providing training and gathering feedback on yield issues. Designing manufacturing capacity to support operational goals, with particular emphasis to mixed-model assembly and test.
Coordinating with engineering teams to establish test coverage requirements for manufacturing test process. Work with the product engineering teams to establish parameters for monitoring health of the field deployed products, drive programs in support of early field failure analysis and required corrective action. May determine requirement and coordinate and facilitate EMI/RFI and Safety Certification needs of sub-assemblies and full assemblies. Directly involved in resolving Manufacturing issues with mechanical, electrical, and optical systems.
Responsible for production, dekitting and remanufacturing product issues, monitoring the health of field deployed products. Will drive the investigation of problem areas related to failures, root cause analysis and drive corrective action. Will coordinate the release of BOMs into PLM system, technical review of product changes through supply chain and in field, support second source and EOL replacement part qualification, and release of ECOs, MCOs, FCOs.
● BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering with:
○ At least 5 years of Product Development, Product Engineering or Product Manufacturing or Product Quality Engineering/Control.
● Successfully executed a parts/material tracking plan for a complex electronic assembly.
● Understanding of BOM structures, Lifecycle Management and PLM systems such as Windchill or Agile.
● Good working knowledge of ProE and ability to create, modify drawings as needed
● Familiarity with ESD controls and methodology
● Basic understanding in Statistical Process Control (SPC) fundamentals, ability to drive root cause and conduct DOE
● Strong communication skills.
● Willing to travel with little or no notice.
● Optional: Experience with Solid Works a plus
To be considered for this position, please use the “apply now” button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact me at email@example.com or at 408-481-9049..