Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for an Environmental Test Engineer on a 12 month CONTRACT opportunity with a leading Internet Search company headquartered Mountain View, CA.
Environmental / Mechanical Stress Test Engineer
The goal of the Client is to help our users to better explore the world which is surrounding them. Over the years, Client has evolved from showing satellite imagery to now displaying much higher resolution. Our goal is to pursue this effort to always provide better coverage and quality of imagery.
The role: Environmental / Mechanical StressTest Engineer
Over the years, the Camera Systems Team has developed a myriad of cameras for multiple projects and is looking for an experienced engineer in the testing and qualification of camera systems.
In this critical position, you will be part of exciting fast-paced projects. Your role will include working as a team with mechanical and hardware engineers in the test and qualification of the equipment. The test will be included (but not limited to) environmental testing at large: thermal, humidity, vibrations, shocks, EMI, ESD, pressure, drop, shock...)
The most successful candidate for the role will have strong experience in testing mechanical system (thermal, vibration, shocks) and test data post processing while being very familiar with the requirements for certification of mechanical and electrical/hardware systems (CE, FCC, EMI/EMC compliance, DO-160...)
A solid experience in a multi-disciplinary project involving optics, mechanical integration, hardware and software and overall qualification and certification for harsh environment would be a clear plus.
● Determine Environmental requirements by function by product and work with Mechanical and Electrical Design Engineers to develop testing plans
● Coordinate or conduct testing via 3rd party laboratories or using COMPANY laboratory resources
● Independently post process data from environmental tests and present them to design team/engineers and suggest design improvements.
● Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or related field
● Solid experience with test equipment (accelerometers, test chambers...)
● Strong knowledge of statistical analysis techniques
● Experience working in multidisciplinary small team
● Experience with optical systems in harsh environment
● Academical training in FEA simulations (vibrations & thermal simulations)
(environmental testing, vibration, shock, accelerometers, mechanical engineering, certification, optics, cameras, ce, ul)
To be considered for this position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Mae Murphy at or at email@example.com.