Adecco Engineering & Technical is currently looking for a Manager Technical Support Engineerfor our client in the Vancouver metro area
To be considered for this position, you must use the “apply now” button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact David Fitzsimons at 503-535-2581 or email@example.com
Manages a team of operational engineering level people that provide daily support to Repair and Service Delivery groups as well as a set of strategic level customers. Will address issues that are extremely complex in nature using the results to ensure consistent operational processes and infrastructure within the organization. Will work with the engineering team to make changes to, or develop standards for existing or new products. This team will review / audit complex service designs ensuring they meet customer expectations and design standards. Manages the work of an engineer level staff to achieve operational continuity across multiple technology products.
Position Responsibilities include:
Technical Escalation: The primary function of the Customer Tier III Manager will be to serve as the highest level of technical support within the Service Delivery and Repair organizations, serving as a technical escalation point to all other technicians. Is responsible for engaging the vendor for additional support when necessary.
• Fault Management: Customer Tier III Manager will be expected to manage a team of Technical Support Engineers who perform fault isolation / repair / installation assistance on Ethernet and IP based products and services. Will directly perform escalation tasks in times of staffing shortages.
• Technical Order Validation: Evaluate new customer sales & network deployments in relation to VPN Solutions & Ethernet solutions. This would be for strategic customer sales with a more than 10 node deployment.
• Project Management: The Customer Tier III Manager completes special projects as assigned. These special projects may include (but are not limited to) customer network software upgrades, customer network audits, customer network configuration changes, creation of network tools & automation scripts, testing of network technologies & configurations, and other projects as assigned. The Customer Tier III Manager will be expected to compile project plans & schedules, and regularly report on progress status.
• Technical Training: Is responsible for supporting and cross-training of other Repair and Service Deliver technicians either directly or through the Technical Support Engineers. Will compile training documentation and deliver training courses to the other these technicians.
• Strategic Customer Documentation: Customer Tier III Manager will be responsible for creating and updating strategic customer documentation and drawings. Candidate should have strong Visio and written skills.
• Performance Management: The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for reviewing new services / proposed new services ensuring services meet customer expectations as well as meeting design specifications. Will document / revise customer documentation when changes are made to ensure ongoing supportability of that customer and like services. Will ensure the health / completion of central systems supporting the customer environment. This includes validation of CPE backups, system alarming, and customer network performance (graphing / utilization).
• Vendor Management: Serves as liaison for vendor related issues & escalations. Review Vendor Bulletins (PCNs), publish impact statements, and create plans for implementation of PCNs if applicable and in the best interests of the company. Track open issues with vendors to resolution and provide regular readouts on open vendor issues and recommendations for upgrades or removal / replacement of vendor technologies.
6+ years combined experience in technical hands-on design, implementation and support of a carrier grade data network.
• Network certifications: CCNA, CCDA or CCNP
• IP routing protocols: BGP,EIGRP,OSPF,IP Multicast or MPLS, STP, REP, VLANs, G.8031, G.8032
• Network protocols: TCP, UDP, HTTP, FTP, IMAP, SNMP & DNS, HSRP, EtherChannel, STP, QoS
• Knowledge of Multilayer traffic filtering & vulnerability remediation
• Physical layer: Carrier demark, Ethernet, optical OCx, SONET, T1/T3, and trunking
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science preferred.
• Relevant industry standard certifications (CCNP, CISSP, CEH, CCDP, CCSE, RHCE, etc.).
No Relocation or interview expenses.
No Corp-to-Corp, 1099 or Visa Sponsorships
Adecco provides access to comprehensive group medical coverage plan. Including Dental and Vision coverage. 401/k and disability insurance.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories