Adecco Engineering and Technical is currently recruiting for a contract-to-hire CNC Computer Numerical Control Machinist for multiple job opportunities located in Portland,Oregon. Candidates must possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints, be skilled in basic shop math and trigonometry, and be able to read, understand, and perform minor editing to part programs. The person in this position will run/ operate multiple saws, manual lathes, or multiple lathes or mills to produce product in a true “job shop” environment. The salary for this position is between $15.00 – 25.00 per hour.
CNC Computer Numerical Control Machinist job responsibilities include:
- Efficiently set up and operate machines
- Possess the ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Have skills in basic shop math and trigonometry.
- Read, understand, and perform minor editing to CNC part programs.
- Set up and run 90% of the manual machines: saws, sanders, grinders, manual lathes.
- Set up and work within blueprint required tolerances.
- Read, understand and work from dispatch list.
- Have a basic knowledge of quality control and know how to interpret and use basic inspection techniques.
- Two years technical school (Associates Degree Machine Shop Technology) preferred, but not necessary
- Five to ten years “documented” machining experience on multiple machines, lathes, mills, etc.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and have the ability to move safely in and about the production facility.
- Operate power equipment safely including an overhead crane as a minimum.
If you are interested in this CNC Computer Numerical Control Machinist job opportunity in Portland, Oregon then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Mary Lavin at (503) 535-2580 or Mary.Lavin@adeccona.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled