A Quality Engineer job in Houston, Texas is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. B.S. Degree in Metallurgical or Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or combination of education and related work experience. Minimum of five years of work experience in quality engineering/ assurance or related field. Take a lead role in Licensee development and sourcing decisions and represent the company to ensure that Licensee’s manufacturing and Quality System, special processes and products meet contract requirements and applicable regulatory and government regulations. Understand product quality and customer requirements and develop comprehensive (end –to-end) quality plans, control plans and inspection criteria to meet the to ensure early detection of non-conformance and action plans for issue resolution and closure.
Quality Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Manage relationships with the outside processors for supplier quality.
• Support manufacturing plants in resolving quality issues (proactive & reactive).
• Support R&D testing.
• Interprets Standards (API Q1 Specs/ 5 CT or Customer Specs) and communicates requirements to Operations.
• Plan and support internal and external audits, and verify the effectiveness of the Management System and to recognize possible existing deviations and to develop corrective measures and manage the closure of deviations
• Supervision of the production runs at the Licensees when required.
• Regular control of inspection equipment at the Licensee, in order to achieve the “zero-fault-target” and to ensure the product quality.
• Use 8D and Six Sigma methods to drive root cause analysis and corrective action.
• Participate in stage gate process for new product development and approve all plant trials and experimental runs
• Support testing activities
• B.S. degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or combination of education and related work experience.
• Minimum five years of work experience in quality engineering/ assurance or related field
• Knowledge of tubular and/or steel manufacturing , and threading processes
• Familiarity with material and metallurgical testing equipment/ understanding of test data and analysis.
• Experience in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
• Strong ability to work with large volumes of data using Excel, internal quality systems etc. Able to run simple statistical models using Excel, Minitab etc.
• Knowledge of Specifications/Standards API Q1, 5CT, and ISO 9001.
• Strong understanding of steel making, forming and threading processes
• Certified Black Belt in Six Sigma
• Knowledge of PFMEA, Control Plan, First Article
• Familiarity with Error/ Mistake Proofing, shop floor automation systems, and some robotic applications for inspection
If you are interested in this Quality Engineer job in Houston, Texas then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361 or Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled