A Metallurgical Engineer job in Houston, TX is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. This is a direct hire role with an international manufacturer of drill pipe products to the Oil & Gas industry on the northwest side of town. We are looking for candidates with capable of taking on the role of Subject Matter Expert and participate in technical committees within API, NACE and ISO. You will be responsible for all metallurgical activities in collapse and burst testing, mechanical testing, corrosion testing, metallography and chemical analysis, heat treatment, advanced microscopy and material characterization. You will also have responsibility over supervising technicians, scheduling and reviewing test results.
The Metallurgical Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Assisting in the preparation of JSAs and other safety documents as well as maintaining updated work procedures.
• Assisting in obtaining full accreditation of the lab.
• Supervising and training lab technicians that will be assisting in the operation of the equipment and instruments in the lab.
• Responsible over all testing and analyses in the lab area.
• Timely generation and dissemination of reports summarizing the findings and results of investigations.
• A Bachelor's degree in a Metallurgical Engineering or related field.
• At least five years of related experience in chemical, mechanical, and metallogical testing and analyses.
• Experience arranging the daily activities of a Test Lab
• Experience in the pipe industry, preferably in OCTG (Seamless and ERW)
If you are interested in this Metallurgical Engineer job opportunity in Houston, TX then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Sarah Singleton at 832-325-3357 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled