Adecco Engineering & Technical has an urgent position with our client who is in need of a Tire Engineer/Technical Manager based in Los Angeles. Our client is a leading, foreign, tire manufacturer who produces premium tires for cars, trucks, motorcycles, and motorsports. The position is an urgent role based in Los Angeles focusing on providing technical leadership and act as liaison between their corporate headquarters, local management groups, local event promoters, manufactures, and sporting federations. Below are the details:
Title: Tire Engineer/Technical Manager
Location: Los Angeles, CA. (Open to location)
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 based on experience
1. Technical reference to all company activities in North America.
2. Provide technical support to company’s stakeholders and manage technical aspects of racing events focusing on tire usage and performance.
3. Acting liaison between local teams and headquarters regarding product strategy and regulation procedures.
4. Support local Sales Manager on new business development
5. Manage relationship with Sporting Federation, Sanctioning body, Promoters, Teams, Car makers and service provider
6. Map and follow competitor product line-up
• Work together with headquarters in preparing technical booklet prior to new championships (technical limits) and advise teams regarding correct fitments, car settings and tire prescriptions
• Release pre and post-event reports and post-event product report
• Coordinate technical staff on events/races/championships
• Introduce RTS with fully operative Faulty system and bar code management / allocation on relevant championships
• Organize technical training on product, technical assistance and RTS usage to all stakeholders
• Prepare a plan for investments (laptops, tablet, pyro, etc…) and define with local team any other requirement for fitting and servicing at the events
• Liaise with Motorsport Sales Manager to anticipate ahead to help forecast demand on new products
• Fullfill car data championship for each championship the company is a single supplier
• Collect/monitor car set-ups and tire pressure on the pits and ensure product are used correctly regarding pressures / warming / settings
• Monitor the fitting process to ensure the product is correctly fitted.
Assist in evaluating possible new business on a test and new opportunities.
BS in Engineering
7 - 10 years solid understanding of tire mechanics, tire manufacturing, and tire testing.
Professional experience in tire design, engineering, and/or manufacturing.
Understanding of vehicle dynamics.
Good judgment, problem solving, and planning skills
Excellent communication, oral and written.
Project Management experience preferred.
If you are interested in this position please click 'APPLY NOW'. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Roy Castellanos at (626) 463-2331 or at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled