Adecco Engineering and Technical is currently recruiting for a Power Supply Design Engineer in Burbank, CA. This position is responsible for new product development, cost analysis, reductions and sustaining engineering for existing products. Requires experience in Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) circuit design Mathcad, PSpice, and Matlab Thorough knowledge of power supply circuits both analog and digital control systems. This position will pay up to $90k depending on the experience.
Power Supply Design Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Responsible for ensuring assigned products (both designed and procured) meet applicable EMI / EMC requirements. Provide leadership in driving Design for EMI/EMC processes, and best practices amongst cross-disciplines.
• Experience in multiple conversion topologies (flyback, forward, push-pull, etc.) and the ability to simulate and model designs from ¼ Watt to 400 Watt.
• Understanding and working knowledge and characteristics of Magnetics inductor/transformer modeling.
• Evaluating field failures for design improvements to improve reliability.
• Oversee developing test systems and applicable testing procedures; this includes test specification, calibration and troubleshooting
• A BSEE or MSEE degree and must have board level Design Experience.
• At least ten (10) years of hands-on experience in power electronics design.
• Proficiency with analog & digital circuit design, as well as microcontroller architecture, hardware design and schematic capture.
• Microcontroller assembler programming essential, C helpful. Electronic ballast design experience preferred.
• Experience with PCB design using Altium designer, Ethernet, CANbus, RS485 Networks and DMX 512 network a plus. Experience in USB and other Serial interfaces, such as I2C and SPI.
• Knowledge in power electronics and controls preferably experience in the Commercial field, other disciplines will be considered based upon satisfactory relevant professional experience
• Excellent communication skills in both oral and written. Strong problem solving skills, strong team player
• Proficient in using flyback and forward topologies. Proficient with lab test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers.
• Working Knowledge with regulatory standards (not limited to) UL 1310 Class 2 Power Units, UL 1598 Luminaire, UL 1573 Stage and Studio Luminaire, UL 8750 LED Equipment used in Luminaire. UL 60950-1 Information Technology Equipment Safety Part 1: General Requirements, CISPR 15 & CISPR 22. IEC 61000 Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC).
If you are interested in this Power Supply Design Engineer job in Burbank, CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Sri Tirumala at 6264632332 or Srilaxmi.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled