GIS Technician needed for Jacksonville, FL!
Responsible for various GIS analysis and GPS field data collection duties. Primarily performs GIS work which may include data development, map production, geodatabase design and development, non-spatial data tracking, and spatial analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide first line user support to end users in mapping Geo-Graphic data
2. Utilize ESRI GIS software to analyze geographic data and deliver results in multiple formats, including integrating non-spatial and spatial data
3. Digitize data from hard copy maps and CAD drawings
4. Create detailed, specific maps including importing AutoCAD files
5. Enter data into database with minimal errors and identify discrepancies among data
6. Assess data accuracy and quality needs for a given project
7. Needs analysis of client map requests and workflow documentation
• Bachelor's degree in Geography, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
• 2 to 3 years experience in the GIS industry or a related field, including experience with ESRI ArcGIS and geodatabase knowledge.
• Experience with, or good working knowledge of, water, wastewater, stormwater and/or environmental remediation
• GISP certification
• Extensive knowledge of ESRI tools, including ability to choose appropriate data, tools and settings to perform different types of GIS map creation
• Extensive knowledge of Cartograpy and Geography.
• Geodatabase knowledge
• Understanding of concepts behind data management in a relational database
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Technical writing skills
• Ability to share GIS data, maps and workflows with ArcGIS users and non-ArcGIS users
• Ability to create geoprocessing models to automate GIS tasks
• Ability to prepare reports.
• Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize assignments effectively
• Ability to identify discrepancies among data
• Ability to maintain attention to detail
• Ability to work both individually and within a team
• Ability to think and solve complex problems
Direct Hire Opportunity
Salary - $40-43K/yr based on experience
Only local candidates will be considered as no relocation or per diem is available. Candidates must be able to successfully pass a background check and drug screen. Salary based on experience. Candidates must apply through the "Apply Now" function for consideration, or create a profile at www.AdeccoUSA.com then attach a MS Word resume to this posting. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interview. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.
If you are interested in industry specific articles and news about Engineering & Technical please visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Adecco-Engineering-Technical/13825422252?ref=mf , and become our Fan.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled