all Adecco sites
Adecco Engineering & Technical
-- Category --
-- Distance from Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Adecco jobs for you
Development Scientist-Mold Materials
Adecco Engineering and Technical, a division of the world leader in the recruitment of engineering and information technology professionals, has an immediate opening for an Development Scientist-Mold Materials opportunity with a leading company in Corning, New York.
• Mold materials development for 3D glass.
• Improve fundamental understanding of glass/mold interaction and define mold materials properties for successful mold materials candidates.
• Use high temperature chemistry to define chemical interactions between glass and mold materials.
• Improve methods of mold surface refurbishment to lower cost.
• Continue to improve fundamental understanding of surface roughness and other physical mold properties that affect glass/mold interaction.
• Lead and coordinate trials of new mold materials with manufacturing on production equipment.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
• Technical leader for mold materials team working closely with forming team and engineering team
• Design and execute experiments
• Develop new mold materials, characterize glass/mold interaction
• Work with engineering and manufacturing on troubleshooting root cause of cosmetic defects
• Thermochemical modeling
Knowledge and experience with surface characterization techniques
In depth understanding of high temperature chemistry including thermochemical modeling
Innovative and creative
Multi-disciplinary approach to problems
Strong lab chemistry skills
In-depth fundamental understanding of glass forming.
Communicates effectively (oral, written) to customers, stakeholders, technicians, operators.
Committed to drive for results with minimal supervision
Scientific curiosity and inventiveness;
Positive attitude, flexible and committed work ethic
Organized with good planning and management skills
Technical leadership skills
Required Level of Education: Doctorate
Majors: Glass Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry or Materials
If you are interested in this opportunity or other opportunities available through Adecco Engineering and Technical, please apply online or email directly to Kari.Carapella@Adeccona.com.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Engineering and Technical offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Anniversary Bonus opportunities. Adecco Engineering and Technical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
© 2013 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state