Adecco Engineering and Technical has a current job opportunity for an Electrical Controls Technician in Corning, New York.
Controls Technician Positions are 12 hour rotating shifts. 8-8 Two weekends off per month 3 on, 2 off, 4 on, 2 off .Candidates must have PLC, Allen Bradley. Education; Associates minimum - Electrical Engineering Majors Only
Candidates must have PLC, Allen Bradley.
Education; Associates minimum - Electrical Engineering Majors Only
Controls / I.T. Technician Shift Coverage (12hr) 8-8
Scope of Position:
Focus will be troubleshooting of automated process machines, material handling systems, and automation in Corning's manufacturing plants and processes.
Role within group:
Member of cross-functional Controls Engineering team responsible for support and functionality enhancements required for advanced manufacturing of automation and process machine systems in manufacturing
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Serve as an Electrical Controls resource for troubleshooting of production equipment in the Batch, Forming, Drying, Cutting, Firing & Finishing areas of the Diesel Manufacturing facility in Painted Post NY to support the 24/7 manufacturing of Diesel Filters.
Initiate and maintain relationships with Operations and Maintenance to provide first responder Controls and Level 1 I.T. support for the plant. Focus will be to safely get equipment back in operation and performing at established rates and quality. Detailed reports of activity will be sent out at the end of your shift to the Controls & I.T. Manger.
Control system troubleshooting will include but not limited to, Programmable Control Systems, Human Machine Interfaces, Robots, Motion Control, Measurement Systems, Instrumentation, Dryers, Kilns, Material Handling Systems, Networks, Computer system hardware / software application support for MES and data collection systems.
Work utilizing plant & division electrical controls standards. Serve as a technical resource for questions regarding deviation and interpretation as well as managing changes during off shift activities.
Individual must be capable of executing assignments, in a team based environment, with minimal supervision
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
12 hr Rotating Shifts, however, expected to work hours required to achieve plant uptime objectives
Required Education: Associate of Science - Electrical /Electronics Engineering
Required Years and Area of Experience:
0-5 years of engineering experience with demonstrated success designing, developing and implementing, robust state of the art control solutions using machine / motion control systems, flexible automation, robotics systems, and electro-mechanical systems into manufacturing
* High level of technical curiosity that will enable unique solutions to the technical challenges incumbent in the position. Ability and interest to learn, and apply, new technologies in support of overall technical objectives.
* Fundamental understanding of electrical design practices, machine / motion control systems, electro-mechanical systems, robotics, programming, and system integration
* Demonstrated knowledge of control systems design, programming, and systems integration with understanding of open loop and closed loop control systems
* Familiar with state of the art technologies in the following areas: control systems integration, controls architectures, PLC’s, motion control systems, electro-mechanical drive systems, robotics, part sensing, vision, risk assessment, and safety systems
* Ability to work in a team based environment and participate on a highly matrixed team
* Possesses an understanding of general mechanics and ability to apply it in
troubleshooting and system design
* Self starter who is able to exceed expectations for their objectives and timelines with a
minimal amount of supervision
* Sound problem solving and decision making processes and skills
* Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level
* Allen Bradley PLC & machine/ motion control experience
* Fanuc Robot Experience
* Control system (PLC, motion control, safety devices, high level languages) and vision
programming skills (Wit,Labview,Cognex,Helcon.)
* Computer science skills in hardware, software, VB, Database & C++ programming
* Knowledge of glass and ceramic manufacturing
* Forward looking
* Prior experience moving a new product or process from development into manufacturing
* Knowledgeable in applicable national and international electrical and robotic design and safety codes
To be considered for this position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Kari Carapella at (607) 937-4145 or at Kari.Carapella@Adeccona.com.