A Sr. Instrumentation Engineer job located in Midland, MI for a long term contract is available now through Adecco Engineering and Technical. To be considered for this position you must have a Bachelor’s degree in. You will support the development, design, and construction of capital and expense projects from concept through start-up. You will also have the opportunity to work for a company that promotes career growth.
Sr. Instrumentation Engineer job responsibilities include:
• Project scope development & estimates
• Write construction specifications, assemble / issue the portions of construction packages, and the writing and updating of applicable discipline engineering and construction standards as required
• Working with process design, mechanical, and piping designers to establish dimensions for position and orientation of in - line parts in accordance with company standards
• Detailed specification and sizing of process control and process measurement elements across the broad spectrum of measured and controlled process variables, including in - line, control valves, and safety valves. Responsible for verifying vendor calculations and able to effectively prioritize long delivery items.
• Executing procurement by receiving and evaluating vendor offers, working with procurement to prepare technical bid analysis, selecting the final vendor, and creating / approving requisitions
• Working with process automation teams to review process data and participate in PHA reviews, establish and finalize I/O assignments to control systems (e.g. DCS) and safety system (e.g. SIS) and preparing I/O listings aligned with loop design
• Coordinating cable tray and junction box modeling with electrical designers.
• Participation in detailed engineering kickoff, model reviews (30 / 60 / 90 %) and IFC reviews
• Interface with plant personnel, as needed, to review existing plant processes and consult / review new proposed processes as defined by the capital projects.
• Interface actively with Project Managers, maintain project schedules and budgets, stay close to estimated man hours and budgets, and communicate any project changes (to be documented).
• Support operation in commissioning and start-up
• This job will generally be performed in an office environment; however, responsibilities may also require travel to perform Factory Acceptance Testing, travel to other production facilities or industrial / construction job sites as required by projects and the candidate’s technical discipline skill level.
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Chemical, Mechanical, or Industrial; however, Electrical is preferred.
• At least seven years of design experience for capital projects, preferably within the Chemical Industry
• Licensed PE is desired but not required
• Demonstrated knowledge of a broad measure (manufacturers) of distributed control systems (DCS)
• Proficient in use of SAP - PM & PS Modules
• Proficient in computer applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, and MS Projects
• Knowledge of maintenance practices
• Demonstrated knowledge and hands on use of SPI (InTools) database and specifications
• Strong analytical skills including statistical analysis
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC)
• Demonstrated knowledge of SIS, SIF, Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA), and High Integrity Pressure Protection Systems (HIPPS).
If you are interested in this Sr. Instrumentation Engineer job in Midland, MI then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Nick Polsinelli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled