all Adecco sites
-- Category --
Accounting & Finance
Administrative & Clerical
Business Operations and Management
Call Center & Customer Service
Education, Human Resources, Training
Industrial & Manufacturing
Medical & Science
Sales, Marketing and Events
Transportation & Warehousing
-- Distance From Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Search and apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Salary Finder Tool
Adecco Jobs App
Ocean Import/Export Operations Agent job in Flower Mound, TX
Ocean Import/Export Operations Agent
Flower Mound, TX
Industrial & Manufacturing
$13 - $13.75 Hourly
Adecco is looking for an experienced International logistics support agent.
The Support Agent is responsible for communications with overseas agents to coordinate booking of international freight movement.
The booking is communicated to the import client and freight is moved, monitored, invoiced to the importer.
Alternatives will be offered to the importer to meet their transportation requirements. Problem solving with the actual carriers to insure the prompt movement of cargo is a requirement of the job.
This is a fast paced position that requires great attention to detail and problem solving abilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Coordinate bookings with overseas agents by email. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
2. Communicate with client to determine proper shipping method, problem solving. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
3. Analyze shipping schedules to determine carrier and transportation solution. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
4. Input data into the clients system. This duty is performed daily, about 25% of the time.
5. Monitor shipment progress. This duty is performed daily, about 5% of the time.
6. Invoice Customer for services. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
7. Prepare FMC rate filings, keep track of current ocean freight rates. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
8. Arrange shipments for delivery, coordinate the Customs Clearance with CHB department. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
9. Assist with rate collections, analyze freight rates, provide customer quotations. This duty is performed daily, about 10% of the time.
10. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school or GED, plus specialized schooling and/or on the job education in a specific skill area.
Please apply at www.adeccousa.com
Qualified candidates will be contacted.
© 2014 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state