Responsible for laying out metal stock, setting up and operating machine tools, fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metal working dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures and gauges.
Those who apply MUST meet the following requirements:
- Computes dimenstions, plans layout, and determines assembly method and sequence of operation.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machine, shaper, and grinder, to machine parts.
-Smooths flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies nad mechanisms.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances.
- Examines dies, tools, jigs, and fixtures and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- PM tools, rebuild and repair manifolds, replace heaters, repair flash, build and replace hydraulic lines. Trouble shoot problems in the press.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Tig welding is a REQUIREMENT!
- STRONG WORK ETHIC.