all Adecco sites
-- Category --
Accounting & Finance
Administrative & Clerical
Business Operations and Management
Call Center & Customer Service
Education, Human Resources, Training
Industrial & Manufacturing
Medical & Science
Sales, Marketing and Events
Transportation & Warehousing
-- Distance From Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Search and apply
Frequently Asked Questions
Salary Finder Tool
Adecco Jobs App
Assembly Technician job in Sterling, VA
Industrial & Manufacturing
$10 - $17 Hourly
Title: Electromechanical Assembly Technician, assembly, and solder teach needed asap!
Reporting Relationship: The position will report directly to Video and Computer Manager.
Essential Duties: Assist in daily preparations duties as assigned for the assembly, testing and repair of various electronic products manufactured by the company as directed. Assembles, tests, and repairs, precision electro-mechanical equipment used in computers, electronic instruments, and similar electronic systems, following blueprints, diagrams, and verbal and written instructions. Requires a high degree of precision, ability to interpret detailed specifications and instructions, and use of independent judgment and knowledge gained by preferably over two years of training and experience.
This will require some use of tools such as screwdrivers, handheld drills and crimping tools; as well as heavy lifting of up to fifty (50) pounds, assisted and unassisted.
Other duties as assigned.
ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Generates creative solutions
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Customer service skills
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must be a team player
• Aligns work with strategic goals
• Support and explain reasoning for decisions
• Demonstrate persistence and overcome obstacles
• Advanced time management skills
• Attention to detail
• Ability to meet challenges with resourcefulness
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Collects and researches data.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
• Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Interpersonal Skills - Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
PREVIOUS COMPUTER REPAIR EXPERIENCE IS A PLUS FOR ENTRY LEVEL CANDIDATES. tHIS POSITION IS PERFECT FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO LOVE TO TAKE THINGS APART, JUST TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.
© 2014 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state