A Steel Sourcing Specialist Metallurgical job in Houston, TX is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. Degree in Engineering prefered.Five to Seven years metallurgy and coil quality management experience in steel manufacturing or steel processing industries with emphasis on technical services and supplier development programs, part of which must include audit reviews. Supply chain work experience in steel/metals manufacturing process industry a plus. You must have a strong focus on product capabilities, process control, cost saving and technical specifications. Design and implement a program to improve the Skelp Quality reporting and resolution systems and a trial program focusing on improving processes. This is a fulltime role for the tubular, steel and drilling manufacturing companies.
The Steel Supply Chain Specialist job responsibilities include:
* Responsible for reviewing skelp supplier audit results and communicate results to management. Reviewing skelp supplier factory audits to ensure that documented process flows are followed and necessary process controls are in place for the processes ‘critical to quality’ characteristics.
* Investigate skelp supplier quality issues that can negatively impact product quality. Instigate corrective actions through plant investigations, troubleshooting, supplier corrective action plans, policy/program review, program implementation, and plant assessment.
* Oversee skelp supplier quality performance, including gap assessment, program development and installation, compliance, and quality monitoring.
* Responsible for skelp supplier product review program development and implementation and manage the skelp supplier’s process improvements when quality issues result from existing process deficiencies.
* A Degree in Engineering with primary function of this position ensure Skelp supplies for mills meet the specifications requirements.
* Ideal candidate will have 5-7 years metallurgy and coil quality management experience in steel manufacturing or steel processing industries with emphasis on technical services and supplier development programs, part of which must include audit reviews.
* Proficiency in ISO 9001, TS16949, API Q1, FMEA and Control Plan development, statistical analysis, SPC, APQP, PPAP, and other tools used in manufacturing processes
* Must possess coil supplier audit understanding with a focus on process improvement and coil supplier and familiar with API grades and properties.
If you are interested in this Steel Supply Chain Specialist job opportunity in Houston, TX then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Grider at 832-325-3361 or Thomas.firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled