all Adecco sites
Adecco Information Technology
-- Category --
-- Distance From Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Adecco jobs for you
Data Services Analyst/Reporting Expert
San Jose, CA
Adecco Engineering and Technical has a current job opportunity for a Data Services Analyst/Reporting Expert with a leading company in Campbell, CA.
To be considered for this position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position or would like to refer someone, please contact Janine Baltar at janine.baltar@AdeccoNA.com.
Understanding requirements, designing, implementing internally developed reporting built on data coming from internal and third-part y tools. The reports will be built via Tableau with a backend in a RDBMS.
Learning and supporting the existing reports as already in use as well as adding new features and functionality to the reports.
Identifying areas of opportunity within the reports to improve form and function and present to Product Owner for prioritization into the backlog.
Existing reports will require update and new reports will need to be developed. Since the RDBMS is used to house data from various sources, the candidate must be able to write JAVA code to bring data in for reporting and develop the necessary reports.
Work directly with the end users of the reports to provide training and support on the reports as well as gather requirements for enhancements and features. Ability to communicate to non-technical users is necessary.
General Skill Requirements
Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements end users (customers).
Gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services.
Acts with customer in mind.
Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect .
Communicates effectively depending on the audience.
Provide adequate follow to ensure understanding .
Communicates in an organized and via appropriate channel for the message (email, phone, in person).
Uses everyone’s time effectively and efficiently.
Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
Understanding of the Agile development methodology.
Technical Role Requirements
Minimum of 1-2 years of Tableau experience.
Experience with backend Java development.
Experience with HTML/CSS- be able to modify existing knowledge base (Share Point and Confluence
Strong understanding of Web technologies
Strong understanding of data visualization tools
Experience writing reports in other standardized reporting tools
Experience with organizational workflow tools
BSA Role Requirements (Preferred but not required) –
• Analyzes and documents to be and as is business processes, functions, and procedures of technology delivery functions and related reporting needs.
• Translate this information into a determination of the most effective solution to meet the needs of the organization both for tool and reporting perspective.
• Establishes systems specifications and objectives, based on business requirements and cost effectiveness, and provides recommendations to management.
• Identify and coordinate access to various other systems for the gathering and integration of data to deliver holistic reporting solution.
• Participates in systems development and design, including specific responsibility for report design and development.
• Formulates test plans and coordinates and performs software testing. Documents system specifications and notes any changes in procedure.
• Delivers training and technical support to system end-users as directed.
• 2-5 years of general experience working in a data warehouse environment. Experience with Clarity, Rally, Confluence, and JIRA are a plus.
© 2014 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state