Lab Support Technician (Windows, Linux, Cisco) job in Santa Clara, CA
Lab Support Technician (Windows, Linux, Cisco)
||Santa Clara, CA
A six+ month Junior Network Technician contract job in Santa Clara, CA is currently available through Adecco Engineering and Technical. To be considered for this position, you must be proficient in basic networking and equipment installation and have at least three years of experience working in a technical or troubleshooting support role. You will be responsible for cabling and configuring network and console link to firewalls, switches and routers. You will also be responsible for installing, configuring and maintaining ethernet switches, console servers, PDU’s and other rack infrastructure in lab. The salary for this position is between $25.00 and $30.00 per hour.
Junior Network Technician job responsibilities include:
• Cabling and configuring network and console link to firewalls, switches and routers.
• Installing, configuring and maintaining Ethernet switches, console servers, PDU’s and other rack infrastructure in lab.
• Calculating and engineering power and cooling requirements for new equipment installations.
• Assisting users with building and provisioning virtual machine guests in Windows, Linux and Solaris x86.
• Providing end-user support for infrastructure troubleshooting, diagnosis and resolution.
• Monitoring lab network and system to ensure reliable operation.
• Updating and patching network and infrastructure devices.
• Implementing tools to prevent, detect; and eliminate virus, malware and active hacking threats.
• Maintaining lab firewall policies to allow network testing without compromising security.
• Recording and maintaining inventory and asset management records.
• BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
• Three + years experience working in a technican/troubleshooting/support role
• Knowledge of common network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, Dynamic routing protocols, SSH/SCP/SFTP, DNS,NFS, LDAP, CIFS, FTP, SMTP, SNMP, NIS+
• Experience managing CENTOS, RedHat or other Linux distributions.
• Windows and VMware admin experience.
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
If you are interested in this Junior Network Technician job in Santa Clara, CA then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com.
If you have questions about the position please contact Mae Murphy at 408-481-9049 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled