all Adecco sites
Adecco Information Technology
-- Category --
-- Distance From Zip Code --
-- Employment Type --
9+ Month Contract
6-9 Month Contract
3-6 Month Contract
-- Education Level --
-- Years of Experience --
At Least 1 Year
More than 5 years
-- Country --
Release Manager job in Portland, Oregon job in Portland, OR
Release Manager job in Portland, Oregon
A Release Manager job in Portland, Oregon is available courtesy of Adecco Engineering and Technical. Seeking an experienced Qualified Candidate to augment existing staff. The Ideal Candidate organizes, directs, and manages activities for building and maintaining software releases for their promotion to the production environment. May manage large multidiscipline releases in a matrix management organization. Directs activities to ensure the software products meet quality standards and performance objectives within defined time and budget targets. This is a one-year-contract and the rate of pay is Market.
Release Manager job responsibilities include:
- Provides direction, planning, coordination, and reporting for overall release activities related to the Enterprise IT Application Group.
- Manage overall solution configuration through all the phases. (Development - Production).
- Coordinate correct versions of data for all phases of testing.
- Coordinate impacts when an environment refresh is requested and when schedule dates change.
- Coordinates the cross-organization and cross-platform resources needed to implement the release, facilitates the release meetings, and develops and tracks release activities based on the Go Live Schedule for the releases.
- Identifies release impacts to ensure that these are planned into the release plans.
- Maintains a cross-platform release window calendar.
- Attends Scrum daily stand-ups and reports on release progress and provide release guidance as needed.
- Reviews and provides guidance for Test Plans, Test Summary, and Technical Release Plans.
- Organizes and facilitates release retrospectives.
- Fosters transparency and feedback by raising impediments and by presenting information using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Promotes continuous improvement
- Coaches / trains Scrum teams on the effective use of Release planning.
- Seven to Ten years relevant experience in a software development or delivery organization
- A minimum of 1+ years experience as a full-time Release Manager in the Scrum/Agile environment.
- Strong project management skills.
- CSM certification or through understanding of Scrum and Agile principles, values, and practices
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring, coaching, and leadership.
- Experience delivering one or more products through all phases of the SDLC.
- Very strong communication, collaboration, feedback, and facilitation skills
- Demonstrated mature judgment in a leadership role.
- Knowledge of testing and defect tracking tools and excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-resolution skills.
- Capability to develop and maintain an effective network of relationships with people inside and outside the development group.
- Experience managing mid – large projects.
- Desired Qualifications
- Experience leading project teams.
- A technical background in information technology management and strong process knowledge of System Development Life Cycles.
- Peoplesoft and/or Maximo experience will be an added advantage.
If you are interested in this Release Manager job in Portland, Oregon then please click APPLY NOW. For other opportunities available at Adecco Engineering and Technical go to www.adeccousa.com. If you have questions about the position please contact Thomas Wirfs at 503.535.2585 or email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
© 2014 Adecco. All rights reserved.
Jobs by state