Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search for an experienced Software Developer in Rochester, NY. This position is a 12 month contract. The Software Developer will be responsible for
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES: (MAJOR END RESULTS FOR WHICH THIS JOB IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE):
· Design, coding, benchmark testing, debugging and documentation of application workflows, client and server software and mobile applications
· Work closely with senior developers to successfully anticipate, identify and resolve issues/concerns internally.
· Diagnose and resolve software defects and problems.
· Meets time requirements for assignments, with minimal reminders.
· Provide work breakdown using standardized estimation techniques
· Participate in work product reviews (e.g. code design)
· Performs other related duties as required.
· Familiar with distributed computing environment, modern computer software architectures and advanced software practices.
· Ability to understand and adhere to established software architecture and programming conventions
· Object oriented design and programming using Agile Methodologies.
· Windows XP, Windows 7 and 2003 Server.
· C# (.NET) and C++ (COM, MFC, and ATL).Windows Mobile Development.
· Video/Photographic Equipment Interfaces, Web Service, SQL Server experiences are desired, but not necessary.
· Work independently and as part of a larger team
· Source Control Experience (Rational ClearCase control familiarity a plus)
· Good communication skills, with emphasis on ability to author specifications and effective written & verbal technical knowledge transfer.
· Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations of data requires a review of a variety of factors.
· Normally receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments. Actively seeks guidance when needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE SPECIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field