Adecco Engineering and Technical has a current job opportunity for FPGA Engineer on a 3-9 month Contract opportuntiy with a leading company in Rochester NY. The FPGA Engineer will need to have the following skills to sucessfully complete the project.
FPGA Engineer JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Experience with large ARM processor-based software/FPGA design/development/test is desired. Experience with government certification of engineering designs is also desired.
The responsibilities and duties of this position include but are not limited to:
• Management of the implemention of communications systems.
• Management of the entire product implementation cycle including system/software requirements analysis, high level and detailed design, implementation, testing, integration, documentation, and government certification of embedded software and/or FPGA designs.
• Detailed understanding and knowledge of best practices for design processes, software/FPGA design, code development processes, release processes for simultaneous release of multiple devices.
• Management of a small development group for the development of high assurance communications products in the tactical military radio and networking application domains.
• Manage staffing allocations against defined engineering resource demands.
• Project and program planning, including cost, schedule, and resource estimates.
• Effective interpersonal skills, ability to convey technical and business matters in a clear and logical manner.
• Ability to manage and make trade-offs between product recurring cost, budget, schedule and technical solution.
• Organization development to ensure engineering skill sets and resource capacity to meet organization demands.
• Work with product design, test, manufacturing, logistics engineering teams, product and program management and other groups, and external customers as needed to define and execute radio product development projects and deliver high-quality radio products.
• Ensure the conversion of customer requirements, including informal requirements, into total systems solutions that balance the technical, schedule and cost constraints of the program.
Required Qualifications for the FPGA Engineer:
• BS degree in Engineering discipline with a minimum 10 years of relevant experience developing and/or managing software and/or FPGA-based engineering solutions (8 years with MS degree).
• Familiarity with software and/or FPGA analysis, design, development, testing (including software unit testing), and automation tools.
• Highly motivated, a self starter, and able to operate with little supervision in diverse environments.
• Must have a successful track record in planning, executing, and tracking personal task assignments.
• Demonstrated ability and experience leading small product development engineering teams and mentoring other engineers.
Preferred FPGA Engineering Skills:
• Mentoring and directing the activities of small groups of engineers.
• Managing activities in disparate geographic locations.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Cryptographic experience preferred.
• Radio communications or networking experience preferred.
To be considered for the FPGA Engineer or any other position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Gina Manioci at (585) 242-5320 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.