Come work for a top company in San Jose. We are looking for:
Sr. Development Engineer (Builder of Clouds)
Do you love to hack on large-scale distributed system?
Do you love pushing the limits of open source?
Do you love getting paid to do so?
If you do, Cisco Cloud Infrastructure Services has a job for you!
Cisco CIS is a newly formed team focused on deploying a global cloud for Cisco SaaS products. We need talented, engaged engineers to help make our vision a reality.
You will help us improve OpenStack in a full-scale deployment. We are not building code for the sake of it, we have real world scenarios to implement. We are improving the state of the art in OpenStack. We’re moving quickly, and you’ll need to engage with other teams across Cisco to deliver.
Ideally: you know clouds; you breathe clouds; you hack clouds. You should have proven experience with Python or Ruby, you should understand what makes IaaS tick. BS/MS in computer science would be great, but not required.
• Software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, packaging, deployment, upgrade and support
• Hands on experience with configuration management
• Python, Ruby, or similar programming experience.
• IaaS experience; OpenStack experience is a plus
• Software-defined storage knowledge; Ceph experience is a plus.
• Software-defined network technologies including OVS, NFV, Cisco ONE, OnePK APIs, etc
• Hypervisor technologies including KVM
• Agile software development practices
• Work on geographically distributed teams
• Understand IT processes, including: architecture, design, implementation, and operations
• Excellent communicator
• Self-motivated, able and willing to help where help is needed
• Able to build relationships, be culturally sensitive, have goal alignment, have learning agility
• Ready to rock and build an amazing product Qualified candidates should apply for immediate consideration.