Adecco Engineering and Technical has a current job opportunity for a Support Engineer in Durham NC.
This NMS Support Engineer position has the following responsibilities:
--Analyze, use and configure network management applications for medium to critical complexity
--Phone/email/fax consultation to debug network systems problems of increasing levels of complexity; provides support on a world-wide basis.
--Manage workload and other assignments efficiently while being able to resolve time-critical situations reliable and professionally.
--Provide systems product training and mentoring to other CSE''s and assist in problem resolution where required.
--Utilize test equipment and configurations in CSE lab for simulations of real problems.
--Escalate systems and problems to appropriate internal resources and resolve on a timely basis.
--Accurately and completely document problems and solutions on case notes and bug reports.
--Utilize ongoing knowledge of supported management products in order to resolve issues and problems and ensure accurate information is communicated.
--Complete projects which improve the support processes as assigned.
--Assist in a consultative role to facilitate the design of the network and complete design reviews as needed.
* Typically requires BS in CS or EE or equivalent plus 4-7 years related experience
* 1+ years exposure to unix
* 1+ years network management experience
* 1+ years exposure to networking products and protocols
*Strong SNMP Skills
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams
* Ability to determine problems and deliver known solutions
* Ability to work effectively with and provide guidance to other members of the work group
* Network Management Product Knowledge of any or many of the following (CiscoWorks, CNR, NAM, HP Openview or Concord)
Desired skill sets are associated with the following certifications or technologies:
* CCSP, CCNA, CCNP
* RHCS, MCSE, Sun System Admin, Sun Network Admin, Sun Security Admin, Java, Unix, Perl
* CCIE desired
To be considered for this position, please use the "apply now" button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Austin Greene at email@example.com