Full Time permanent Histology Technician job opportunity in Rochester, NY 14624
The primary role of a Histotechnologist is to register surgical specimens in our client’s System and provide positive patient identification throughout processing.
-Processes, embeds, cuts and stains all surgical and autopsy tissue submitted for examination to produce quality slides for examination by the pathologists.
- Prepares solutions and dilutions needed for fixation, tissue processing, routine and special stains.
- Performs histo-chemical stains as requested.
- Recognizes, analyzes, and corrects problems using scientific principles.
- Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
Hours: Monday thru Friday - 8 hour shifts on average anytime between 5:30AM-4:00PM depending on needs
- BA/BS or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year laboratory experience required.
- HTL(ASCP) or BS Medical Technology with ASCP Certification required.
- New York State Department of Education Licensure required.
If you are interested in this position through Adecco Medical & Science, please contact Adam Smith at email@example.com | 585-613-3032 or apply online at www.adeccousa.com
Adecco Medical & Science is a specialized medical division of the Swiss owned company Adecco, the 4th largest employer in the world. Our strengths in nursing, paramedical, pharmacy, technical support staff and quality assurance, give us a global platform from which to serve our many Clients.
The Adecco Group is a Fortune Global 500 company and the global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Group offers benefits including Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Service/Anniversary Bonus opportunities. Adecco Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.