Adecco is looking for an experienced Electrician for a direct hire job in Strongsville, OH. This position requires strong electrical aptitude with mechanical experience. Candidate will maintain production and quality of the facilities by ensuring operation of electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment. Experience in manufacturing and plant maintenance is necessary as wells as the ability to work 2nd shift. The hourly rate for this position is 22.44/hr.
The Electrician's job responsibilities will include:
- Operate various mobile equipment (forklift, walkie truck, bobcat, snowplow, etc.)
- Maintain work and shop areas at high levels of 5S
- Enter and obtain Work Order information in MAXIMO applications
- Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on dispense machines, programmable controllers, transformers, voltage regulators, machinery wiring, chillers, compressors and plant production equipment.
- Compliance with electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications; troubleshooting.
- Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors and lighting fixtures; determining faulty wiring; inspecting and testing malfunctioning machinery.
- Able to generate conduit layouts, sizing and wire schedules.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine electrical preventive maintenance.
- Maintains electrical equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies;
- Work cooperatively with all customers and supervision to reach plant and team goals
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, 5S, rules and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Participate and contribute to team discussions and all plant meetings.
- The successful candidate will be required to perform in a multi-craft environment having completed an accredited apprenticeship and is currently holding a journeyman’s status as an industrial electrician. Secondary skill required in one of the following - electrical, welding, stationary engineer and/or HVAC.
- have good attendance and safety records
- perform electronics troubleshooting, Problem Solving, PLC Programming, Equipment Maintenance, Power Tools, Basic Safety, Technical Understanding, Judgment, Attention to Detail and Job Knowledge
- be able to work well in a team
- read and follow Work Order instructions
- possess the ability to troubleshoot and repair various Plant production and utility equipment
- read and understand prints and CAD drawings
- read and understand equipment technical manuals
- possess strong computer skills
- have completed a forklift driver's training program
- be able to work in an environment where respiratory protective equipment is required
- operate various Plant production and utility equipment and associated process control equipment
- be able to work in elevated areas or confined spaces
- be flexible with start/quit times
- accept extended and/or weekend schedules if needed
If you are interested in this Direct Hire Electrician Job Opportunity in Strongsville, OH or perhaps other available opportunties through Adecco then click "apply" below and/or visit our website at www.adeccousa.com.
If you are interested in this or other Electrician job opportunities from Adecco, please apply online at www.AdeccoUSA.com.