Adecco staffing is currently assisting one of our local clients to immediately fill several Warehouse Lead roles in the WOODBURY, MN area. These Supervisor/Lead job openings are for a long-term temporary to hire opportunity. There are multiple Warehouse shifts available (3 or 4 days a week, nights, or weekends). Candidates will assume a variety of responsibilities within a fast paced production environment. If you meet the qualifications listed below, please Apply Now!
Supervisor/Lead job responsibilities include:
• Moving material in and out of the warehouse facility
• Unload trailers
• Label boxes
• Use box cutter to open boxes
• Stack materials in an orderly manner
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
1) Building Focus
Remove obstacles for the team
o Supervise and coach the team to ensure excellent level of service.
o Ensure effective and timely product flow through the building.
o Lead the team to process freight in an efficient and accurate manner.
o Ensure work areas are clean, organized, efficient, and compliant with best practices.
o Communicate all operational problem areas that develop during shift to the Group Leaders
2) Great Operational Performance
Provide a safe environment
o Ensure a safe and secure environment focused on incident prevention
o Drive a safe culture and lead by example; recognize safe behaviors and coach unsafe behaviors; immediately address safety concerns to mitigate risk
o Connect learning’s from previous incidents and share these with your team to prevent further incidents
3) Drive performance
Follow best practices
o Understand and educate your team on the customer-supplier impacts to total initiatives and building productivity
o Lead and coach the team on ways to increase efficiency while following best practices for each task
o Proactively leverage partnerships and best practices to meet or beat daily goals
4) Worker Engagement
Be present in the work area
o Build personal connections with associates through authentic and purposeful interactions and connections
o Reinforce critical behaviors and recognize associates, describing the specific behaviors and whys
o Follow up with associates and answer questions in a timely manner
o Follow up on and assess the on-boarding of new associates; provide feedback where performance is meeting and not meetingexpectations.
5) Communicate with meaning
Connect key goals to temporary associates
o Share appropriate level of information regarding department goals and building focuses to associates
o Greet all associates and facilitate open communication throughout the shift to ensure they understand their role
o Coach and provide meaningful feedback and recognition through active performance management
Experience: Candidates for Supervisor/Lead roles must meet the following requirements:
• Ability to lead a group of 25 total associates including taking attendance, checking associates in on first day, taking on questions/inquiries from 25 associates
• Accountable, responsible, reliable
• Excellent communication skills
• Must be successful in a fast paced and physically demanding warehouse environment
• 2-3 years of experience in a production setting
• 1+ years in a previous lead role
• Stand for 10-12 hour shifts
• Repeatedly lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs
Pay for this position is $11.00/hr plus overtime as needed. This is a temporary-to-hire opportunity.
To be considered for this position, you must use the “apply now” button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position please contact Janelle Will at 866.892.5140 x187 or email at email@example.com.
Adecco provides one of the most comprehensive benefits package in the industry to contract workers. Benefits available to you as a contractor after one week of employment include:
• Medical Coverage - Access to an affordable and comprehensive group medical coverage plan
• 401(k) - Adecco offers all temporary employees the ability to participate in a 401(k) savings program
• Pay Options/Direct Deposit - Makes it as easy as possible for you to get paid
• Service Bonus - Rewarding employees who make an extended work commitment
• Paid Holidays - Selected paid holiday, based on accrued hour requirements
• State-of-the-Art Career Center - Training and resources available for all employees
• Highly trained and professional staff - Our team cares about you and your career!
Click on “Apply Now” to be considered for this position or any other warehouse related opportunities with Adecco.