Seasonal Order Selector

One of our clients, located in inner SE Portland, is looking for some seasonal associates to come assist their order fulfillment department. You will be picking and packing online fine jewelry orders. Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and reliability are required. The position is on day shift, Monday - Friday, temp to hire and the rate is between $15 - $17/hr. depending on experience. Previous picker/packer experience is required.

SUMMARY:

. Responsible for filling store orders in an accurate, productive and safe manner in preparation for final delivery to Ecommerce Customers.
. Receive, pick, pack and ship merchandise for online and phone store.
. Maintain supply stock on hand. Build shipping materials, as needed.
. Quality review of all order details.
. Is action oriented, drives for results, acts decisively, solves problems and is a team player that welcomes working amongst other amazing team mates (fast paced/multi-tasking).
. Fast paced work environment and works with other employees to complete all tasks pertaining to fulfilling an order
. Computer skills are needed to use order fulfillment system (mouse, printers, typing on computer following a task driven process to fulfill order)

PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
. Read order to identify item number and quantity of merchandise.
. Select orders.
. Obtain merchandise from bins/shelves/pick slots.
. Build shipping materials
. Build catalog packets
. Sort, stack and put away merchandise.
. Submit order through Order Management System.
. Meet production standards.
. Communicates clearly and directly
. Is approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly and actively listens.
. Achieves results through Teamwork by working inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
. Leads through positive influence when demonstrating strong character, builds partnerships, models a conscious balance between work and personal life, takes personal responsibility for own development, models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
. Helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid feedback and asks questions.
. Stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to anticipate demand changes.
. Upholds safety standards; including identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety.

SKILS:
. Accurate attention to detail.
. Ability to organize/prioritize variety of tasks/projects.
. Familiarity with distribution center.
. Detail oriented & organized.
. Experienced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and instant messenger (no intermediate skill).
. Quick learner (& retains) of new systems, comfortable using multiple systems at one time to complete task.
. Familiarity with Sterling Order Management System a plus (not required).
. Strong verbal and writing skills.
. 50 WPM typing
. 5,000 SPH ten-key
. Assembly, stacking, organizational, initiative, verbal, tape gun, box cutter.

WORK ENVIRONMENT:
. 70% of work will be conducted standing in one position or walking, remaining 30% will be sitting and utilizing computer systems to complete processing of orders (keyboard, mouse and occasional fax). Work environment is 100% inside a secure distribution center. No windows. Cameras present.
. Sitting and walking across sloped surfaces, twisting, neck flexion/extension and cervical rotation.
. Maximum lift weight is ~25 lbs.

SUCCESS ENABLEMENT:
. Reliable transportation, punctuality, excellent work attendance, team player, fast paced self-starter that can work with little to no supervision for optimal success in this role.

Education/Skillset Requirements:
. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
. Must be able to perform basic math skills, such as counting, addition, subtraction and division.
. Must have computer knowledge

Other Qualifications:
. Minimum 18 years of age.

Desired Education/Experience:
. High school education or GED.
. One year warehouse experience.

Physical Demands:
Regularly do the following:
. Statically stand up to 4 hours without a break; up to 10 hours per day.
. Walk up to 2.5 hours without a break; up to 10 hours per day.
. Use hands to finger, handle, and/or feel objects, tools, or controls.
. Twist upper torso.
. Reach up and out with hands and arms.
. Lift up to 25 pounds up to 6’ and carry for a distance of 2’.

Frequently do the following:
. Stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
. Climb stairs and/or ladders.

Rarely required to do the following activities:
. Lift up to more than 25 pounds up to 3’ for a distance of 2’

  • Apply with Adecco

Reference number US_EN_99_025338_359365